1. The first year in college + no mobile + a long line for that one land line connection that the hostel had + birthday+nostalgia = a wonderful surprise planned by a best friend and another best friends Mom+ another surprise planned by the newly made friends + a blunder done by inviting all seniors for a birth day bash = a fun filled first birth day away from home…
2. Classes that started at 7:00 am sharp,rush in the morning to start and the wonderful hours of sleep after returning,a college where an average of 8 hours were spent on a daily basis (that includes holidays),a library that was the witness of most of our group study hours read completing lab practical journals 🙂
3. The college hungry hours,a common room,one table, 3-4 tiffins,10-15 pairs of hands…..The college canteen,to reach where a small track with trees on both sides had to be followed….10 people walking in a line to cross the same….
4. An evening,waking up at 7 after a long afternoon nap to find that chai time is over in the mess…rushing to the neighborhood chai stall after waking another friend…chai with yummy pakodas and green chutney…eating in a rush but chatting non-stop just to realise that the hostel gate will be closed at 8:00 PM sharp,taking a shortcut route and running like mad to reach just in time 😉
5. A definition of absolute fun after exams…a laptop loaded with English chick flicks enough to spend nights watching them back to back + packets of Maggi noodles for the mid night breaks and coffee mugs filled to brim with lather……
6. A college fest= Preparing for the same a month in advance+ deciding upon the outfit to be worn+checking out the shops to find out something that fits in the budget + ending up borrowing from friends + accessories from the hostel mates = Finally the day arrives + hitting the dance floor like mad to the extent that the shoes start hurting in legs,legs aching to the extent that the joints are unable to move for the next two days ;)+hoping that the night never ends…. the aftermath= discussing the day in details for the coming few days + waiting for the pictures from that one and only friend in the group with a digi cam 😉
1. Office at 9:30,I get up at time,bath,pooja,yoga all come right after that 🙂 ( I am a good girl that ways ),head straight to office,sometimes without breakfast….reaching where sometimes i message a colleague/friend about the no breakfast thing,and here comes whatever she can bring,straight on my office desk….
2. The lesser friends time that has been haunting since the past 1 year(for a person who has been with the closest friends for 6 years) makes me sad to the core but there comes one friend who has been a part of my life since long,someone who gets to bear a dose for all that lack of friends,midnight food cravings,home sickness,happy hugs and sad tears,I can’t be more thankful for this one gem in my life
3. There have been parties and fun but I miss those old days,where with the limited money in hand we had the craziest fun,the non stop laughter..celebrations are still there,but they lack the familiar voices and love,the aura of sophistication and non familiar people,the pubs and the bars,no water-parks and water-falls,when a birth day party would be fun because of the people and not the place…I miss the innocent days where I could just be myself, when I would not have to worry talking about my interests,my favorites,everything would be accepted if not appreciated….
4. The being independent phase,emotionally,financially…..is what I feel good about,it keeps me sane and confident
5. The city that I live in,I love the weather,the cool breeze that makes the hottest summers cool and the weary nights refreshing….
6. The office colleagues,people of the same age group who joined the company at the same time,takes me back to the hostel days,giggles,laughter,fights….
Then & Now:
Wonderful Parents who stand like a pillar in all situations,lows and highs,who taught me to be honest to oneself,made me what I am….a rebel for a sister ;),who incidentally happens to be the cutest thing that ever happened to me…… 🙂
A set of lovely friends,from all phases of my life….who handle all my worries n troubles in equal share….
and I thank the Almighty on my 25th Birthday……… for
Some things that do not change…..wherever life leads me …and
Some things that change forever ……….for the better 🙂 🙂